In short one driver supporting multiple printer manufacturers and models and languages. BEAR has developed such as driver that is now in infield testing.
New BEAR MultiStation Touch Screen kiosks have been successfully deployed into the new Melton City Council library delivering self service print and copy to the library patrons.
MicroFilm Scan Charging for Libraries
Forming part of the recent upgrade to the State Library of Victoria 10 ScanPro 2000 Mirofilm Reader printers were installed by TMD. The ScanPro 2000 allows users to view a range of micro media including microfilm and microfiche.
But what happens when a library patron wants to take the found information with them? Here BEAR has provided two options
This is where BEAR Solutions and CMSIP helps. Already the patrons had the ability to print their selected screen space to one of the Konica Minolta MFD/Ps installed at the library. These Konica Minolta’s are managed by CMSIP and through Print Anyware allow users to collect their documents from any printer when they are ready.
When the client want to take the discover research material away with them they can simply press the scan button from the ScanPro2000 user interface. As this is a potential revenue source for the library and to assist with the costs in providing and maintain micro media and the readers the library opted to charge each user for each page scanned to a USB thumb drive.
Here how is work (from a user point of view):
- Select the screen image to scan
- Image is scanned and the a thumbnail, costing information and document information is displayed to the user
- User select OK to save and is required to input their unique State Library of Victoria Print Code to identify their CMSIP account
- Once the Print Code has been accepted the user is asked to confirm (just one more time!)
All done and ready to scan again.
This is just a simple example of how an organisation such as BEAR Solutions and our development team can support the varied print, copy and scan needs of clients.
Leave a Reply
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Top Ten Posts
- Contact Us
- The BEARS Brisbane office has had a staffing change
- Tomato or Tomatoe?
- CMS/IP Device Server v3.0.37 - v3.0.43 Passes Testing
- PrinterCUB Intelligent Printing Suggests Cost Savings to Users
- MicroFilm Scan Charging for Libraries
- 2011 - UN International Year of the Forest
- BEAR Contracts a Print/Copy/Solution to Gold Coast City Council